The Wayne State University’s Office of Special Events and Services was created to support the university and its schools, colleges and departments in planning major special events. Because the university is large and its initiatives are great, it is important that the university has a centralized office that is committed to assisting in the scheduling and execution of major events.
Special events are regularly conducted at all levels and locations throughout the university system in support of the university’s strategic vision and brand identity. The Office of Special Events seeks to provide a consistent and positive university image while maintaining maximum flexibility for events to appropriately reflect the distinctiveness of the school, college, department or campus responsible for planning and sponsoring the event. When involved, the office offers guidance and assistance in the following areas:
- Help the university's schools, colleges, departments and campuses avoid conflicts when scheduling events
- Help the Office of the President in maximizing event-appearance opportunities
- Provide presidential protocol guidelines for special guests and invitees
- Maximize university resources in regards to events
- Support and promote the university’s positive brand image