Campus Events Committee
Review of Current COVID-19 Guidelines for Events and Activities on Campus as of August 11, 2021
Current restrictions and guidelines for Wayne State University sponsored or affiliated events and activities, whether held at on-campus or at off-campus venues.
- Masking: all indoor events require masking, outdoor events do not require masking unless specified by the Campus Health Committee (based on size and density of event),
- Social Distancing: social distancing is not required but is recommended where possible,
- Daily Screener*: all participants for all events are required to complete the Daily Screener,
- Outside groups and organizations are allowed on campus as long as they follow all campus protocols.
- Events with less than 50 people do not require prior approval from the Campus Health Committee (CHC),
- Events with 50 or more people require approval from CHC,
- Canopies may be used, (a canopy is defined as a temporary structure with a roof and one or no walls),
- Tents (a canopy with two or more walls) will be treated as indoor spaces (see below) and may require approval from CHC,
- Rain locations for outdoor events larger than 50 people are not allowed without prior approval from the CHC,
- All large-scale events should plan to be held outdoors, rain or shine.
Indoor events (excluding academic instruction):
- Events with less than 30 people do not require prior approval from the CHC,
- Events with 30 or more people requires approval from the CHC,
- All indoor events currently require ALL PERSONS TO WEAR MASKS and to complete the Campus Daily Screener or Guest Daily Screener, including University sponsored or affiliated events held in off-campus venues.
NOTE: To request event review and approval, please complete the CHC Event Brief form. Please note, approval process will take approximately two weeks.